- All applicants for this course must submit a general art and design portfolio.
CAO Applicants / Applicants under 23 years of age:
- Applicants under 23 years old on the 1st January the year the course begins must submit a copy of their Leaving Cert results. Candidates will need to have obtained a minimum of two subjects at grade H5 and four subjects at grade O6/H7. These results must include a language (English or Irish) and either Maths or Art.
- Candidates with equivalent grades from FETAC colleges and those holding awards including BTEC qualifications will also be considered.
Applicants over 23 years:
- Applicants who are 23 years of age on or before the 1st January the year the course begins are considered mature learners and will be asked to submit a copy of their ID (passport or driving license) only.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the first language will also be required to provide evidence of sufficient English language abilities.
- In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022.