This Course is Honours 4-year program with Thesis Available
Total courses: 40
(a) BIOL-1101, BIOL-1111, BIOL-2111, BIOL-2040, BIOL-2071, BIOM-2131, BIOM-3500, BIOM-3530.
(b) Eight courses from: BIOM-2021, BIOL-2480, BIOM-3070 or BIOM-3071, BIOM-3400, BIOM-3540,
BIOM-3550, BIOM-3560, BIOM-3581, BIOM-3750, BIOM-4008, BIOM-4440 BIOM-4510, BIOM-4530,
BIOM-4540, BIOM-4550, BIOM-4560, BIOM-4590, BIOM-4904, BIOL-4450, BIOL-4481
(c) CHEM-1100, CHEM-1110, CHEM-2300, BIOC-2010, BIOC-3100, BIOC-3110, BIOC-3130.
(d) MATH-1720 (or MATH-1760), STAT-2910, and one pair of both PHYS-1400 and PHYS-1410 or
both PHYS-1300 (or PHYS-1400) and PHYS-1310
(e) Three courses from: BIOL-2050, BIOL-3022, BIOL-3142, BIOL-3571, CHEM-2200, CHEM-2310, CHEM2500, CHEM-3210, BIOC-4010, BIOC-4030, BIOC-4050, PHYS-3700.
(f) Six courses from any Science area.
(g) Four courses from any area of study. (Recommended: at least one Arts course and one Social
Courses used to calculate the major average are: courses listed under requirements (a) and (b), and any
courses taken in the major area of study.
Recommended Course Sequence
- First Year: ten courses, including BIOL-1101, BIOL-1111, CHEM-1100, CHEM-1110, MATH-1720 (or
MATH-1760, PHYS-1300 or PHYS-1400, PHYS-1310 or PHYS-1410, and STAT-2910.
- Second Year: ten courses, including BIOL-2040, BIOL-2071, BIOL-2111, BIOM-2131, CHEM-2300, and
- Third Year: ten courses, including BIOM-3500, BIOM-3530, BIOC-3100, BIOC-3110, and BIOC-3130.
- Fourth Year: ten courses.
BIOM-4440, BIOL-4450, and BIOL-4481 require the pre-requisite BIOL-2480.
**BIOM-3581 and BIOM-4904 are 6 credit, 2 semester courses. Only students who have maintained a
major average of 70% and a cumulative average of 60% will be considered for enrolment in BIOM4904. Registration in BIOM-4904 is competitive and requires the consent of the Head of Department.
- It is recommended that students also take MATH-1730, particularly those students interested in