- You will develop your understanding of modern economic analysis and ideas, and of their relevance to a variety of business contexts and decision-making situations. This course combines a solid grounding in both economics, management and business studies-related topics, helping you to gain an awareness of the interconnection between the business and general economic environments.
- We will also foster your analytical abilities and critical appraisal skills, which are particularly useful transferable skills for graduate employment. You will also gain important quantitative skills, as well as communication and IT skills.
- An optional year studying abroad or undertaking an industry placement will enhance your skills and build your professional network. Your time with us will also equip you with the research techniques that are vital to postgraduate study.
- In addition all of our economics degrees are accredited by CIMA, the professional body of management accountants.
- The close relationship between research and teaching is one of the great advantages of studying with us, and we welcome talented students from countries all over the world. Our staff are active researchers of international renown, and have acted as advisers and consultants to many international and national organisations, including the European Central Bank, the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, the Central Bank of Poland, the Central Bank of Greece and a number of UK Government departments.
- The first year of this degree is shared with the following BSc degrees:
- Economics BSc
- Economics and Accounting and BSc
- Financial Economics and Banking BSc
- This means that you have the option to switch to any of these courses at the end of your first year.
NB. This course was previously named Economics and Business BSc
- Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship - Anyone holding an offer of a place at Leicester - 50% fee reduction in first year
- Science and Engineering International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester College of Science and Engineering - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Family Loyalty Discount - Any child, sibling or spouse of a Leicester student or graduate - 10% fee discount
- Media, Communications and Sociology International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications and Sociology - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Music scholarships - Talented musicians/singers at Grade 6 or above - £500
- Sports scholarships - Students who compete at regional, national or international level - Facilities, coaching and financial support
- ULSB International Merit Scholarship - Students applying for a degree in the University of Leicester School of Business, starting September 2022 or later - £3,000 per year
- January 2024