- On this course, you will be encouraged to reflect on your current leadership and management abilities and develop new skills to enhance your practice.
- This popular aspect within the field of education explores and addresses current issues that exist in national and international education. You will examine both individual and organisational learning strategies and how these link to human resource protocols, student engagement and the fostering of shared goals. There is also a focus on learning about existing leadership frameworks and theoretical approaches within an educational context.
Throughout this course, you will explore a broad range of topics designed to reflect the evolving education sector, including:
- The principles that underpin individual and organisational learning
- The theory and practice of leadership and management within education and staff development
- How to apply research and literature within a practical setting
- Different approaches to education and teaching within a variety of global contexts
- The individual and organisational transfer of learning, including the application of information, strategies, and skills
- Examine the use of learning analytics to support professionals in leadership roles
- You will also have the opportunity to develop a focused piece of independent research into an area of education, training or staff development that is of personal interest to you.
*Please note that this degree will not provide you with a teaching qualification and that additional qualified teacher status is required to allow you to teach in the UK.
*The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
- January 2024