- With the introduction of concepts such as flexi-hours and remote working, and rights around parental leave, human resource management is taking centre stage. This comprehensive course will give you a thorough grasp of current theory and practice, both nationally and internationally.
- The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which students and graduates are encouraged to join. The CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) is the world’s largest Chartered HR development professional body. As an internationally recognised brand with over 135,000 members across 120 countries, the CIPD supports and develops individuals responsible for the management and development of people within organisations. CIPD membership will provide you with the resources and networking opportunities to develop your knowledge and progress your career.
- Whilst the UK is the primary focus for the study of employment relations issues, we will also consider the HR management challenges of organisations that operate across national boundaries. There is an entire module dedicated to the importance of the relationship between employers, employees, and their representatives in effective organisational working.
- Key issues of employee communication and the impact of EU directives on work arrangement will be considered. A number of optional modules are also available on the programme allowing you to specialise, including Global Diversity Management, International Business Ethics and Corporate Governance.
- As a prospective human resource manager, you will be able to address business and professional situations knowledgeably, making a contribution to improved organisational performance and delivering sound HR support.
- January 2024
- September 2024