Campus: Dublin Main Campus, Dublin City Centre, Limerick, Cork.
This course addresses a specific need for professionals within the built environment to develop project management and entrepreneurial skills.
The programme is designed for those in the middle of their career looking to progress to senior management or become self-employed but is equally applicable to those who are looking to upskill and keep abreast of the needs of industry.
- In today’s fast-paced business economy of getting ahead and staying ahead, project management is a highly sought-after skill. New projects are often expensive and high-risk, so clients will pay more for the assurance of deliverables. From project planning to leading to monitoring to managing and delivering, this course will give you the vital skills and techniques you need to secure the success of high performing projects. These skills are particularly useful if you are an aspiring entrepreneur, looking to upskill or are returning to the workplace.
The programme is delivered through a mixture of online lectures and on campus workshops which take place in the evenings/ at weekends to allow for minimal disruption to the working day. Other reasons to consider this course include:
- With the average salary for a Project Manager in Ireland sitting around €53,000, and higher salaries for specialisation in project types or industries, evidence of professional project management skills will help learners stand out to potential employers, increase their earning potential and further progress their career.
- Students will receive extensive training in both construction management and project management, essential managerial aspects to carrying out large, complex projects in industry. You will develop an entrepreneurial mind-set which will increase your value to potential employers or help you plan ventures of your own.
- Graduates possess directly applicable skills in project execution and project control across all of the complex elements of a project so that it can be successfully and professionally managed to its conclusion.
- Unique to Griffith College, this course provides awareness and a basic understanding of the legal issues frequently encountered by entrepreneurs, such as issues around financing, operations of a company, ownership structuring, the raising of capital, federal securities requirements and exemptions, determining valuation, intellectual property, board formation, human resources, and exit strategies.
- The course is managed by Griffith’s long-standing Design Faculty and is delivered by experts from the industry.
- The combination of a mixture of online and on-campus lecture allows for minimal disruption to the normal working day.