Develop the skills necessary to become an effective and dynamic human resource practitioner in any sector both in Ireland or internationally.
This three-year honours degree programme gives students the best of both perspectives, combining a well- developed understanding of the world of general business and people management in the first two years of their studies, whilst also providing a strong HRM focus in the final year of the degree.
- Our BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) is available on a full-time and part-time basis over a three-year period. Students studying for the award of BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) will find opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills that they have gained on the programme within a wide range of business sectors.
- Students will benefit from a broad business introduction in years 1 and 2 while specialising in year 3.
- Students will gain a national and international view of HRM across all fields of business, from developing a performance management system to negotiations within the workplace.
- Students will learn about the ever-changing business environment and how it is influenced by both national and international issues and challenges.
- Students will gain invaluable insights into the influence of cross-cultural issues and talent acquisition of an international workforce.
- Students will explore the evolving industry issues and ethical influences on employee relations.
- Students will be able to identify the role that Trade Unions and government policy play in human relations.
- Students will be taught how to formulate and implement a range of learning and talent development practices and strategies for an organisations workforce.
- Students will establish negotiation techniques, conflict resolution, and mediation in the employment relationship.
- February 2024
- September 2024