Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Analytics
- Students must complete a minimum of 128 units with a Pacific cumulative and school/program grade point average of 2.0 in order to earn the bachelor of science in business administration degree.
II. Pre-professional Skills Requirements
- Advanced Writing
- Select one of the following: 4 hrs
- English 25
- Public Speaking
- COMM 027 Public Speaking 3 hrs
- MATH 037 Introduction to Statistics and Probability 4
- MATH 045 Introduction to Finite Mathematics and Calculus 3 hrs
- COMP 025 Computers and Information Processing 4 hrs
- ECON 053 Introductory Microeconomics 4 hrs
- ECON 055 Introductory Macroeconomics: Theory and Policy 4 hrs
These courses are also part of the Pacific General Education Program, and can be counted toward the University General Education requirements.
- Students must complete MATH 037 and MATH 045 with a C or better.
III. Major Core Courses
- BUSI 010 Dean's Seminar 1 hrs
- BUSI 031 Principles of Financial Accounting 4 hrs
- BUSI 033 Principles of Managerial Accounting 4 hrs
- BUSI 053 The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business 4 hrs
- BUSI 100 Management Information Systems 4 hrs
- BUSI 104 Operations Management 4 hrs
- BUSI 105 Financial Management 4 hrs
- BUSI 107 Marketing Management 4 hrs
- BUSI 108 Introduction to Business Analytics 4 hrs
- BUSI 109 Management and Organizational Behavior 4 hrs
- BUSI 110 Career and Development Seminar 1 hrs
- BUSI 181 Strategic Management and Policy 4 hrs
IV. Experiential Learning
Complete a minimum of three units by selecting one or more of the following experiential learning courses:
- Student Investment Fund (SIF)
- Consumer Behavior
- BUSI 168 Multinational Strategic Mgmt.
- Entrepreneurial Management Practicum
- Administrative Internship
- Sport Management Internship
- For experiences such as undergraduate research, or community-based consulting, students may arrange for an independent study course under the guidance of a faculty member.
When part of a study abroad experience, the following two courses fulfill the experiential learning requirement:
- Cross-Cultural Training I
- Cross-Cultural Training II
Complete one of the following majors:
Note: A student is required to take at least four courses in a major, one of which must be an international concentration course. 2) A number of majors require more than four courses.
- Core Area Concentrations
- Business Analytics
- BUSI 137 Database Management Systems 4 hrs
- BUSI 146 Advanced Business Analytics 4 hrs
- BUSI 150 Business Analytics Project 4 hrs
- COMP 061 Introduction to Programming for Data Science 4 hrs
Select one of the following: 4hrs
- International Financial Management
- Business Analytics students are strongly encouraged to purchase an up-to-date laptop computer for use in classes.