- Check academic and English language requirements for your master’s
- COVID-19 English language requirements can be found here.
COVID-19 academic entry requirements
- We are doing everything we can to make sure that your education isn’t impacted due to COVID-19. That’s why we will allow you to apply for one of our postgraduate courses if you are in your final semester of study in your undergraduate degree and can demonstrate that completion of your degree is impacted by COVID-19.
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- 3-year undergraduate degrees: You must have completed five out of six semesters of study with an average of at least 53% and you must be able to demonstrate that you have completed all requirements to graduate in 2020.
- 4-year undergraduate degrees: You must have completed seven out of eight semesters of study with an average of at least 53% and you’re expected to complete all requirements before commencing with us.
Please note: not all bachelor degrees are affected by COVID-19, so only students who can demonstrate that their qualification has been affected by COVID-19 can apply with incomplete bachelor degrees. For all other students, the normal entry requirements apply.
Academic entry requirements
- You'll need an Australian bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent bachelor’s degree from another country, to enrol on one of our postgraduate courses.
English language entry requirements
- If you’re applying for a postgraduate degree, you will need to have an Academic minimum overall score of 6.0. More specifically, you will need to have achieved a score of no less than 6.0 in the writing band and no less than 5.5 in all other bands.
- Students wishing to study a Graduate Diploma of Information Technology or a Master of Information Technology at Charles Sturt University Study Centres will need to have an Academic IELTS, obtained within the last two years, with a minimum overall score of 6, and no individual score below 5.5. This means they will no longer be required to score a 6 in the writing band.
Specific entry requirements
- Graduate Diploma of Accounting - An associate degree or a three-year diploma from a section one institution in China
- Graduate Diploma of Commerce - You may receive up to 50% credit for previous studies completed at a postgraduate or equivalent level
- Master of Commerce - You may receive up to 50% credit for previous studies completed at a postgraduate or equivalent level
- MBA - You must complete Professional Development subjects as part of your degree, however you do not need work experience