The programme is delivered on a full-time and part-time basis by academics and industry experts in the fields of public relations, communications, business and journalism. The MA in Journalism and Public Relations provides students with a well-rounded internationally recognised communications qualification that prepares them for careers within the communications, media and public relations industries.
- The MA in Journalism and Public Relations is recognised by the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII).
- The curriculum is structured to increase the employability of students and promote professional development in the communications sector. The course is conducted on both a full and part-time basis over a 1-2 year period. Learners will acquire the skills to conceive, produce and edit their own media and public relations content on all platforms including web, social, radio, print and mobile video. Public Relations students will develop a critical understanding of the theory and practice of public relations, political communications and of the strategic role that communications play in the management of organisations. The programme has been designed in response to industry demands for well-rounded multi-skilled communications graduates.
- You will gain a theoretical understanding of workings of the media industry including Sociology of the Media, Communications and Audience Theories and Research Methods.
- You will develop specific skills in journalism production through the Writing & Editing, Radio and MoJo modules, participating in Newsdays and delivering print, radio and mobile video news reports..
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of public relations, political communications and corporate communications.
- You will create high-quality media content and develop effective public relations strategies.
- You have the option of finishing the programme early without a dissertation, receiving a Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism & Public Relations after completing 9 mandatory modules.
- You are assured of excellent teaching practices, using industry-standard techniques and technologies.
- One of seven courses accredited by the Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII)
- NUJ Press Pass for the duration of your study
- Build your own professional portfolio
- Study full-time, part-time or through blended learning
- Produce real-life public relations strategies
- Connect with industry leaders
- September 2024
- February 2025