- You’ll develop deep understanding of advanced digital design practices within the context of branding.
- Our modern, industry standard digital media facilities include a green screen and post-production studio, motion capture, sound and photography studios, 4K digital cinema cameras, and a dedicated render farm. You'll have independent access to exclusive PC and Mac computing workshops and benefit from the latest industry standard specialist software for graphic design and image/video editing, 3D animation, digital compositing and rich interactive content creation. There's also the opportunity for you to use our immersive virtual environment laboratory. This includes an immersive dome (planetarium) set up for Brunel by the National Space Centre in Leicester, and is one of only a few in the UK!
- There are guest lectures covering lots of different digital media topics and the visiting lecturers provide advice on how to structure your portfolio and showreels. Speakers include creative and design directors, user experience designers, 3D graphic supervisors, as well as mobile and web developers.
- Visits are arranged to TV and photography studios, and post-production houses. There’s also the opportunity to go to conferences and this is your chance to build networks with key industry experts. In addition, you have the advantage of Brunel’s close location to London for trips to exhibitions celebrating the creative industries.
- Our digital design and branding MSc can be studied full-time over one year, or two years with a placement year. Alternatively, the course can be studied part-time over two years, or three years with a placement year. For both full-time and part-time study, the course is taught on one set day per week (currently Wednesdays), making it easier for you to fit in with your other commitments. You can start the course in either September or January.
- We encourage the placement year option as it provides you with a year’s worth of invaluable professional experience in the ever-growing creative industries and prepares you for a career that is appropriate to this exciting subject area.
- A calendar highlight is the BrunelDigital degree show hosted on Brunel’s one London campus. Exhibiting your creative work at this event is a great way for you to connect with leading creative technologists and showcase your talent.
- September 2023
- January 2024