- Brunel’s BA Journalism (Communication) degree combines a strong academic background in communication and culture with a broad range of essential journalism skills. You will graduate with communication in your degree title, flagging up to prospective employers that you have a dual specialism that combines academic rigour with practical competencies.
- In the journalism modules, you will learn how to research a story, pitch ideas, interview, report and write across different platforms. You will learn video, audio and magazine journalism and because it is so hand-on you will feel like you are building real skills for future.
- There is a strong emphasis in the practical modules on digital technology and you will learn in a 24-hour, state-of-the-art, multi-platform digital newsroom with broadcast facilities, using the latest edition industry-standard hardware and software.
- You will also develop an academically robust and critical understanding of the media, communication and cultural environments in which journalism operates and interacts as well as the analytical ability to explore intellectual inquiries and present findings.
- You will also have the option to take the industry accredited and much sought-after NCTJ Diploma at no extra cost.
- September 2023