The BA in Photographic Media prepares graduates to work in the fast-paced and innovative industry of commercial photography and related visual fields or go on to further study. The emphasis of this highly respected programme leans towards a more commercial approach to photography and image-making; the programme is based around a professional approach allied to analytical skills.
Our aim is to equip our image-makers with the necessary skills and understanding required to compete with the artistic and creative demands of a competitive commercial industry. Creating work and content across different platforms including; photo books, website and video are just some of the beneficial aspects of this programme with an emphasis on business and professional practice in the final year of the degree and the experience of exhibiting their work both on- and off-campus.
- Small classes with opportunities to network and work on practical coursework with your peers and allow more tutor-to-student contact and support, offering a welcoming and collegiate learning experience.
- We encourage and support our students through critique sessions, workshops and by publishing work online
- Accomplished visiting lecturers regularly deliver talks and workshops
- Great industry links with opportunities for students to gain real-world experience and network
- Finish the course with tangible assets including professional portfolio, personalised logo, business plan, business card, professional website and self-published book of your work
- September 2024