We offer a broad introduction to photographic practices and studies, including knowledge of basic camera skills and photo techniques, working on location and studio practices, coupled with health and safety and best practice in relation to workflow and post-production. Skills are developed in the areas such as the use of shooting manually, developing industry-standard software, research, learning and presenting skills.
- Our Certificate in Photography combines the theoretical with the practical to give you a complete comprehension of photography.
- You will develop confidence in both analogue and digital photography – confidence with an analogue camera and developing prints in the darkroom will enhance your digital technique.
- You will gain experience with studio lighting, which is key for portraiture, fashion and still life advertising shoots.
- Small class sizes ensure that you get the one-on-one attention needed to perfect your technical and creative skills.
- Our lecturers are professional photographers, actively working within the industry. They have extensive experience in many genres of photography, including portrait, commercial, fashion and editorial photography.
- You will have the option to progress into Year 2 of the BA in Photographic Media, with the Certificate as a foundation and building block.