In today’s always connected environment, it is important for organisations to implement robust cyber defences capable of mitigating an increasing range of cyber attacks.
- Our MSc Cyber Security, delivered 100% online and part-time, will introduce you to the key concepts, tools, guidelines and approaches used to protect an organisation’s online environment. The course goes beyond technical competencies to consider managerial and psychological concerns, while simultaneously developing essential skills such as teamwork, risk assessment and decision making.
This conversion course starts with an overview of the fundamental aspects of cyber security, highlighting the trends and developments in this field. In later modules, you will explore topics such as:
- Fundamentals of network security and information security governance principles
- An inter-disciplinary perspective involving psychology that considers the human factor in cyber security challenges
- Traditional and contemporary Software Development Life Cycle models and how they are affected by risk management considerations
- Towards the end of your studies, you will consider a topic of interest within the Cyber Security Body of Knowledge and produce an individual project on that topic.
- Following a successful advisory visit, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, will undertake a full accreditation visit in the 2021/22 academic year, to consider programmes for accreditation towards Chartered IT Professional.