- The Information and Decision Sciences program at UIC Business is grounded in a research-based curriculum and corporate-sponsored project courses that give students the proven experience firms are looking for. IDS majors explore the potential of new technology to alter business operations, analysis and strategy. Students leave our program ready to meet the growing demand for business technologists.
- IDS students are in top demand because of the skills they learn here at UIC Business. Bridging the gap between technology and business, IDS prepares students to analyze, design and implement information technology systems.
- Students gain conceptual knowledge in how information is used effectively throughout all areas in the business cycle. They also gain practical experience in more technological based courses such as Business Database Technology, Advanced Spreadsheet Analysis, Business Data Mining and Business Systems Analysis and Design. IDS students are given the tools to become proficient professionals, capable of putting their technical, analytic and critical thinking skills to use in a real-world setting.
- At UIC Business, we help students find their dream careers. Some students may choose a “specialization” for their studies that lead to certain career paths in IDS. These include Management Information Systems; Business Analytics; and Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- For a full list of course requirements, please visit the UIC catalog.
With an IDS degree, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to:
- Design, implement, analyze, and manage information technology systems
- Research emerging technologies
- Design and update system’s software and create applications tailored to an organization’s needs
- Plan and analyze surveys
- Utilize computer systems and programs for decision aiding
- Use Java, SAS, SPSS
- Undertake forecasting using time series methods
- Job Titles for IDS Grads
- Business Analyst
- Forecasting Specialist
- Operations Analyst/Manager
- Data Quality Specialist
- Support Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Associate Support Analyst
- Concentrations available in: Business Data Analytics; Management Information Systems; Operations and Supply Chain Management
- April 2024
- July 2024
- September 2024
- December 2024