- This programme gives you the opportunity to study alongside fellow professionals and classmates to take part in thought-provoking modules covering topics such as offender profiling, risk management and offender rehabilitation.
- Our course emphasises the importance of evidence-based practice along with the integration of psychological theory to understand, reduce and prevent offending behaviour. You’ll also study the core areas of psychology including cognitive, social and developmental psychology.
You’ll have the opportunity to explore fascinating topics including:
- The study of the social factors that impact on individual’s lives
- Crime from a psychological and sociological perspective
- Understanding of the importance of forensic psychology within the Criminal Justice System.
- Criminal liability and the key definitions associated with criminality
- The history and theoretical perspectives on victimology
- Finally, you’ll be able to build on your research skills acquired during the programme through your final project on a criminal psychology topic that is of personal interest to you.
- September 2024
- November 2024