Campus: Dublin Main Campus.
Discover how to create visually striking imagery while gaining an understanding of marketing and photography.
If you’re fascinated by words and pictures, bursting with ideas, and a natural problem solver then this course is for you. Please note: this course is currently undergoing programme review/revalidation.
- Our BA (Hons) in Design Communications is a three-year level 8 degree course available on a full-time basis. This challenging degree will teach you how to continuously respond with creativity, and create innovative visuals while developing a keen understanding of consumer culture and market trends.
- Achieve an honours degree in Design Communications in three years.
- Receive a solid foundation in traditional design practices alongside modern concepts of graphic design and develop your skills and style across multiple media.
- Learn to think creatively when faced with design challenges, adapt to industry changes, and recognise key trends and the integral role of target markets and consumer culture in their design.
- The practical nature of the course encourages students to learn by doing while small class sizes ensure you can work closely with your tutors.
- The calibre of work produced by the Design Faculty has been recognised numerous times through industry awards and exhibitions.
- An annual Creative Week showcases the Design faculty graduates with those of Media, Journalism, Computing, Film and Photography.