- We will prepare you for specialist quantitatively orientated careers in financial economics, research and forecasting, as well as those in the areas of business and investment management and finance.
- You will explore the global role of financial systems in modern economics and learn to analyse the impact of economic events on financial markets. You will become a proficient user of financial software and complex data sources which will enable you to better understand the impact and reach of economic decisions.
- You can choose to study the syllabus for the CFA Institute Investment Foundations Certificate, helping prepare you to take the examination for the CFA Institute Investment Foundations Certificate directly with the CFA. In addition all of our economics degrees are accredited by CIMA, the professional body of management accountants.
- An optional year studying abroad or undertaking an industry placement will enhance your skills and build your professional network. Your time with us will also equip you with the research techniques that are vital to postgraduate study.
- The close relationship between research and teaching is one of the great advantages of studying with us, and we welcome talented students from countries all over the world. Our staff are active researchers of international renown, and have acted as advisers and consultants to many international and national organisations, including the European Central Bank, the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, the Central Bank of Poland, the Central Bank of Greece and a number of UK Government departments.
- Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship - Anyone holding an offer of a place at Leicester - 50% fee reduction in first year
- Science and Engineering International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester College of Science and Engineering - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Family Loyalty Discount - Any child, sibling or spouse of a Leicester student or graduate - 10% fee discount
- Media, Communications and Sociology International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications and Sociology - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Music scholarships - Talented musicians/singers at Grade 6 or above - £500
- Sports scholarships - Students who compete at regional, national or international level - Facilities, coaching and financial support
- ULSB International Merit Scholarship - Students applying for a degree in the University of Leicester School of Business, starting September 2022 or later - £3,000 per year
- January 2024