2:1 degree or above
- GCSE grade C or above in English Language, Maths and Science.
- A pass in the Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Although not essential, you may find it useful to have recent experience working with children and/or observing teaching in a school setting, ideally relating to the age range/subject you wish to teach. When writing your application you should try to reflect on your experience and tell us what you learnt.
Please consult our Education at Leicester website to find detailed explanations of our recruitment and selection processes and criteria.
Primary with Mathematics
- In addition to the requirements listed above, you should have an interest in and enthusiasm for maths.
- You should ideally have studied the subject beyond GCSE e.g. have an A-level (or equivalent) in Mathematics, have a degree in Mathematics, or a degree subject with elements of maths within it. However we also welcome applications from anyone who has a strength in maths but who doesn't necessarily have these qualifications.
- Admission to the course is subject to a satisfactory medical report. The University will provide more information about this should you be offered a place.
- All offers are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure. We will provide instructions regarding the DBS application process once you have accepted an offer of a place on the course.
- The application process for a PGCE is different from other postgraduate courses so please see our information on how to apply.
- You should also read this advice for applicants before you apply.
English Language Requirements
- You must have a GCSE Grade C in English Language. Please see our entry requirements (left) for more information.