- On this course you’ll be able to gain insight and inspiration by interacting and learning from fellow educational professionals from across the globe.
- This modern course offers a timely view of technology-based learning and how it can enhance practice. You will explore some key theoretical ideas in the philosophy of education and be introduced to the historical context that has influenced current educational practice. The course aims to develop your skills as a reflective practitioner and enable you to consider the role of research in informing teaching and learning
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- Philosophical ideas that underpin educational practice
- The delivery of effective teaching and learning
- Cognitive scientific research into how people learn
- The theory and practice of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL)
- Principles of assessment and how it has an influence on learning, teaching and the curriculum
- An overview of the process of research and developing a literature review
- framing research questions and selecting appropriate research methods
- There is also an opportunity to study one of three option modules should you be interested in developing content, or assessment, or have an interest in management.
- Finally, you will be given the opportunity to design a mini-research project based in an educational setting, where you will be able to investigate an area of interest related to teaching and learning.
- July 2024
- September 2024
- October 2024