Unsure about which course to take? Take our Online Career Match Assessment & get personalised recommendations on Careers & Courses.Take Assessment
Learning Outcomes - Master of Arts
A student successfully completing the programme of study will have acquired the following subject knowledge and understanding as well as skills and other attributes.
A student who is eligible for this award will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the existing theory and evidence base associated with leadership in education.
2. Critically examine research methodologies relevant to the study of leadership in education.
3. Synthesize current and original concepts for the creation and interpretation of knowledge in relation to leadership in education.
4. Apply relevant knowledge of leadership and management to a range of complex educational situations.
5. Critically assess current practice relating to leadership in education.
6. Evaluate the rigour and validity of published research within different educational contexts.
7. Apply appropriate research methodologies and data collection processes to inform the critical analysis of and reflection on practice.
8. Critical reflection on value systems and conceptual assumptions.
9. The preparation of a research project based on a study in appropriate depth of a topic related to leadership in education.
10. Gather, present, interpret and analyse quantitate and /or qualitative data in appropriate from for research project purposes, related to the field of leadership in education.
Postgraduate Certificate Level
Postgraduate Diploma Level
Postgraduate Award Level