- There will be opportunities for you to reflect on your current teaching or training role and examine how educational theory relates to practice. You will also be able to explore an area of interest within teaching and learning through engagement with research and academic literature.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- An introductory overview of the historical and philosophical context in which educational practice sits
- Fundamental principles of assessment and key issues in contemporary educational assessment practice
- An overview of educational research and the review of literature
- How people learn and the consequent implications for best practice
- The knowledge and skills needed to apply a learning analytics approach to the analysis of data
- There is also an opportunity to study one of three optional modules should you be interested in developing content, or assessment, or have an interest in management.
- Once you have completed our Postgraduate Diploma in Education you have the option to progress onto our Master of Education (M.Ed.) programme. (180 credits)
- July 2024
- September 2024
- October 2024