The BTEC Higher National Diploma is available to our graduates from the Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering and has been designed to provide technical training in the area of manufacturing engineering.
- The BTEC Level 6 Higher National Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering is available only to graduates from the HNC in Manufacturing Engineering and is conducted on a part-time basis over a two-year period. The course has been designed to provide education and training of manufacturing principals to engineers/technicians in the areas of manufacturing systems design. It delivers knowledge and work-related skills in a broad range of specialist disciplines and is suited to those who would like a career in the manufacturing/biopharma and medical devices industries.
- Develop key work-related skills, an appreciation of industry requirements and knowledge and understanding of manufacturing engineering.
- Learn how to improve productivity, efficiency, and profitability, as well as how to provide more choice to customers, reduce response times and improve quality.
- The practical nature of the coursework lends to preparation for work in the field of industrial engineering or to progress their career if currently working in the sector.
- Acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of sectors outside engineering including banking, transportation, consultancy, distribution services, health and other government areas.
- Option to further your studies with our Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering programme available at both our Dublin and Limerick campuses.