Unsure about which course to take? Take our Online Career Match Assessment & get personalised recommendations on Careers & Courses.Take Assessment
If you have an interest or experience in manufacturing, production or assembly operation and have knowledge of CAD programming, CNC machining, robotics or other manufacturing specialties, this manufacturing technology degree will prepare you to be a work-ready technologist.
The Associate of Science in Manufacturing Technology online degree is designed for those interested in the hands-on side of the manufacturing field.
As a student in this online Associate of Science in Manufacturing Technology program, you will get the unique experience of hands-on learning in an online environment. For example, in one course you will receive a kit of measurement instruments and lab instructions to learn metrology skills.
Through your coursework in this program, you will focus on manufacturing processing, quality assurance, and overall manufacturing operations to learn skills you can transfer to your career in the manufacturing industry.
As a graduate of the Trine University’s Associate of Science in Manufacturing program, you are qualified to provide technical assistance throughout the manufacturing and design process. This online degree also prepares you for more advanced educational opportunities such as a Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Technology.
To be admitted to Trine University's TrineOnline, you will need to submit the following:
Total Credit Hours - 60
General Education - 22 credit hours
• MA 113 College Algebra
• PH 154 College Physics I
• ECO 213 Microeconomics
• Humanities elective - 3 credit hours
• ENG 143 College Composition
• ENG 133 Technical Communications
• MA 123 Trigonometry
Program Requirements - 14 credit hours
• BA 201 Professional Development and Strategies
• UE 111 Adult Learning Orientation
• MA 253 Statistics
• Electives - 9 credit hours
Additional Requirements - 24 credit hours
• ETD 103 Basic Technical Drawing
• ETD 113 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• ETD 163 Environmental Health and Safety
• ETD 173 Computer Aided 3-D Modeling with SolidWorks
• ETD 273 Electrical Fundamentals
• MT 113 Manufacturing Processes and Materials
• MT 253 Basic Dimensional Metrology
• ME 403 Quality Assurance for Manufacturing Technology
• Undergraduate tuition: $399
• Undergraduate tuition assistance for military (active duty only): $250
• Transition to Teaching certificate: $500