- You will be introduced to computing and engineering and learn about computer hardware and software. You’ll learn about programming and computer architecture and then move on to current topics including embedded systems engineering, intelligent systems and the internet of things. You also have the option to take specialist subjects such as wireless networks and network security.
- Access is available to modern technical facilities including computer, electronics, and power and control laboratories where you’ll work on your experiments. The latest industry standard engineering software packages are available for you to use in dedicated computer clusters.
- Our MEng computer systems engineering course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). This professional engineering institution ensures that your engineering degree meets the academic requirement to qualify as a professional engineer. This accredited MEng degree in computer systems engineering can be studied full-time over four years, or five years with a placement year. The MEng degree fully meets the educational requirement to fast track you to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
- We encourage the placement year option. This time in industry helps you to further prepare for the world of work and you’ll have a year’s worth of invaluable professional experience when you graduate. If you decide to go on an engineering placement year, you will have the opportunity to work in an engineering or technology company.
- Brunel Engineers is an annual exhibition that showcases our engineering talent at its finest. It’s a great way for you to network with key engineering and technology enterprises and experts, and show them the innovative, creative and enterprising work you have produced during your time at Brunel.
- September 2024