- A/AS-levels: ABB including Maths and Physics. Other Physical Science subjects may be considered. Two AS-levels considered in place of one A-level. General Studies accepted.
- EPQ with A-levels: BBB EPQ at grade B. A-level subjects to include Maths and a Physical Science at grade B.
- GCSEs: Grade C/4 in English Language.
- BTEC Nationals: DDD in Engineering including Further Maths at Distinction. If you don't have A-level Maths you will need to take an additional Maths assessment test - please contact Admissions.
- International Baccalaureate: Pass Diploma with 30 points, including 5 and 6 points between Maths and Physics at HL. Minimum of 4 in English Language required if grade C/4 not held at GCSE.
- Access to HE Diploma: Pass Engineering Diploma with 45 credits at level 3, 30 of which are at Distinction. To include all level 3 Maths modules at Distinction. If you don't have A-level Maths you will need to take an additional Maths assessment test - please contact Admissions.
Please note: If you do not have Grade B at Maths A-level, you will need to take an additional Maths assessment test.
- Other national and international qualifications considered.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements for this course, you can apply for:
- International Foundation Year – Engineering and Technology run by the Global Study Centre. This course is for international students whose academic and/or English results fall just below those required for direct entry to year one of the degree.
- Engineering with Foundation Year BEng run by the School of Engineering. This course is for all students whose academic and/or English results fall just below those required for direct entry to year one of the degree.
- Second year entry may be possible with suitable qualifications.
- When considering your application, we will look for evidence that you will be able to fulfil the objectives of the course and achieve the standards required. We will take into account a range of factors including previous exam results.
- Interview and maths assessment test may be required. If you receive an offer you will be invited to visit the department.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. If your first language is not English, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. If you do not yet meet our requirements, our English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) offers a range of courses to help you to improve your English to the necessary standard.