Develop English language, research and study skills in a 6-month programme, before progressing to a Master's degree at the University of Stirling.
This 3 or 6-month Pre-Master's programme provides a direct route to a wide variety of Master's programmes at the University of Stirling. The programme will increase students' English language abilities, develop their study skills, and enhance their research skills and analysis in preparation for postgraduate study at the University.
On campus and online study options
- This program is available to study either on campus or online – giving students the flexibility to choose what’s best for them.
- If your student starts online and is then able to travel to the UK, they’ll be able to transfer to an on-campus program in January or March/April 2022. They’ll need to meet any visa requirements and demonstrate good attendance and performance during their studies online.
- If your student applies for an Online Extended program, they’ll be offered an Online Academic English plus Online or on-campus academic pathway study plan.
- Suitable for students who have an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, but narrowly missed the academic admissions criteria for postgraduate study.
- Support to improve academic English, as well as develop the necessary research and study skills before beginning a
- postgraduate programme at the University of Stirling.
- Undertake an extended research project in the 6-month course to help to develop a research proposal – with the opportunity to enhance the
- understanding of research methodologies, data collection, analysis of statistical data and conducting a literature review.
Accelerated Course: Jan April June & Sep