Our Law with Government and Politics Qualifying Law Degree combines your legal studies with an exploration of different aspects of government and political study to develop an understanding of modern British and European political practices and how they affect and govern the implementation and enforcement of law.
With so many politicians coming to parliament from a legal background, this course provides an excellent balance of study to allow you to develop a qualified legal education as well as giving an insight into the world of politics. Studying our degree will also mean you are prepared in part for the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE 1) or to progress onto our Bar Practice Course (if you wish to qualify as a barrister).
- Full-time three year Law with Government and Politics
- UCAS code: M132
- As a Qualifying Law Degree, this course focuses on the key legal topics needed to move on to postgraduate legal study . These are complemented with modules that examine a variety of different aspects of national and international governmental and political practices, such as the systems and structures that form our government and the electoral system.
- Studying this course is a great start to an exciting and varied career, whether it be in the legal sector, in politics, or across a whole range of other professions. With our professionally focused qualification, you can expect to learn practical skills coupled with a focus on your future employability throughout your studies. We have embedded transferable and practical skills into the teaching of the modules, so you will feel confident about heading into the workplace upon successful completion of the course.
When you study Law with Government and Politics with us you will receive:
- The highest standard of teaching from experienced professionals
- Small class sizes
- Options to study on campus and online
- Choose from two campuses in the UK
- A variety of specialist modules to enhance your employment prospects
- On successfully completing the course you will be all set to kick start your postgraduate study to become a qualified lawyer.
- This degree is designed for students who have an interest in government and politics and wish to pursue a career in the legal and wider public, central and local government sectors, or the commercial sector.
- As with all our LLBs, this programme has a practical focus with the skills you need for your career embedded into the course. There is a high level of face-to-face tuition with experienced tutors to ensure that you receive all the support you need throughout your studies.
Foundation Year (Four year)
- UCAS code: ML13
- You can choose to take an additional Foundation Year before you start your LLB. This introductory year focuses on developing the key skills required to study at degree level. You will study six modules and on successful completion progress onto any of our three year degrees.