- Along with the requirements of the traditional LLB degree you’ll learn commercial, international and comparative law and about cross-border transactions and cross-cultural dispute resolution.
- We offer two study options. You can choose three years full-time, or four years full-time with a one-year professional placement between years two and three that will give you hands-on experience working in a legal practice.
- All of our students have careers advisers with whom you can discuss career ideas with and who can offer guidance on placements and further study options throughout your time with us.
- With its foundation of English law and practice and its focus on arbitration and commercial law your degree will stand you in good stead for lucrative cross-border fields of legal practice.
- The solicitors qualification route will change from 1 September 2021. To qualify as a solicitor you will need a degree and to pass the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE), Parts 1 and 2. All Brunel LLBs provide a solid grounding in the core legal subjects aspiring solicitors need to know. There will be a transitional period applicable to students who have completed, started, accepted an offer of a place or paid a non-refundable deposit by 21 September 2021 (inclusive) for a qualifying law degree (QLD). These students will have the option of taking either the 'QLD route' or the 'SQE route'. The Brunel LLB Law with International Arbitration and Commercial Law programme is a QLD for these purposes. To qualify as a barrister you will need a law degree which covers the foundations of legal knowledge subjects, which this Brunel LLB does. For further information on solicitor and barrister qualification routes
- September 2024