This course is for those who wish to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales using the SQE pathway to qualification. The course will prepare you for the SRA’s centralised SQE1 assessments, which will test functioning legal knowledge (FLK). It is part of our new suite of SQE courses.
- This course is designed for law graduates or those who’ve completed a law conversion course
- This course will prepare you for the SRA’s centralised SQE1 assessments. The SQE1 assessments will test functioning legal knowledge (FLK) through two multiple choice assessments, each comprising 180 single best answer questions.
- Functioning Legal Knowledge 1 (FLK1): Business Law and Practice, Dispute Resolution, Contract, Tort, Legal System of England and Wales, and Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU Law, and Legal Services
- Functioning Legal Knowledge 2 (FLK2): Property Practice, Wills and the Administration of Estates, Solicitors Accounts, Land Law, Trusts, and Criminal Law, and Criminal Practice
- Ethics and Professional Conduct will be taught throughout the course
The course will also help you prepare for Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) as a trainee solicitor, by helping you to develop functioning legal knowledge for practice.
Why choose this course?
- Adaptive and personalised learner journey, using our dynamic learning model: Prepare, Engage, Consolidate (PEC), covering all professional practice subjects and revision of all law subjects in the SRA’s assessment specification.
- Confidence for the assessments, with the opportunity to practice daily for the exact type of questions you’ll face. Our intelligent revision app, ULawSQE, will give you practice tests using multiple-choice questions, which prepare you for the SQE1 exams, so you’ll know exactly what to expect. It will focus on the topics you need to improve, giving you the best preparation for success in the assessments.
- Benefit from our extensive experience in preparing students for the type of questions in the SQE1 assessments.
- In depth tutor guidance and support from our experienced tutors, who are all practitioners. Your tutor will monitor your progress and give you weekly individual feedback using predictive analytics, so you’ll know where to focus.
- Brand new resources, developed specifically for SQE by our expert tutors. You’ll be provided with all course materials, including an extensive bank of practice exam questions, ULawSQE – our intelligent revision app provides practice tests and feedback, and 15 brand new online study manuals, written specifically for SQE1.
- Experience of working in practice. You’ll join ULaw LLP, our virtual law firm. ULaw LLP replicates the working environment of a law firm and students perform real world tasks on simulated cases, deals and transactions, as if they were in the office.
- Support for your career. You’ll have access to ULaw’s award-winning Employability Service, for information, advice, practical experience and links to the profession to help you to succeed in your career. Available at all campuses, the Employability Team will help you achieve your career and work experience goals.
When you book this course, you’ll get our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course for free. This short, intensive revision course will ensure you’re confident and fully prepared for the SQE1 assessments. More information coming soon.
Following this course, we recommend:
- SQE1 Exam Preparation Course. Introductory offer: when you book the SQE1 Preparation Course, you’ll get the SQE1 Exam Preparation Course for free.
- SQE2 Preparation Course
- SQE2 Exam Preparation Course. Introductory offer: when you book the SQE2 Preparation Course, you’ll get the SQE2 Exam Preparation Course for free.