The Executive LLM is specifically designed for those working in professional legal practice who want to gain advanced legal knowledge and develop skills in areas of leadership and management; legal project management; coaching and mentoring; legal technology and transnational law. This programme is only available part-time over two years.
The Executive LLM is aimed at talented commercial, in-house and regulatory lawyers as well as any other individuals working in a senior position within the legal sector. Studied part-time over two years, this course is designed to equip you with the skills, advanced legal knowledge and sectoral expertise to make you a more successful lawyer.
When you study the Executive LLM with us you will:
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team
- There are two compulsory modules at the start of this programme: Executive Legal Management and Executive Legal Practice. In these modules, students will focus on leadership and management within a law firm; legal project management; coaching and mentoring for lawyers; the use of legal technology and transnational law and globalisation. Students will also write up a case study on either the use of legal technology within law firms or how globalisation and/or transnational legal principles are shaping legal practice.
- In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
- To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions.
Please note that, due to Home Office regulations, students who require a Student Route visa to study with us are not permitted to study online and can only choose face-to-face taught modules.
- January 2024
- September 2024