Specially designed for lawand non-law graduates who want to gain a Master’s qualification in law, this course focuses on developing an in-depth knowledge of International Business Law. We have developed this course to put legal business practices into the context of the global marketplace, giving you the knowledge and skills to work effectively within international corporations.
The LLM International Business Law is an innovative, flexible programme designed for law and non-law graduates who would like to gain essential detailed knowledge of international trade and business from a legal perspective. Whether you want to progress within your current career, have plans to join a global corporation or simply want to know more about international business law in practice, this programme will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
When you study the LLM International Business Law with us you will:
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies
- Learn about Legal Technology by selecting to study modules in legal technology
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team
- The award-linked module for this programme (International Trade Law) covers areas such as international sales law, INCOTERMS, e-commerce (including the UNCITRAL Model Law on e-commerce), letters of credit and choice of law. The aim of this module is to put international trade in context, enabling you to learn how to apply complex theoretical concepts to real world client situations.
- In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to law students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
- To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions in your first terms.
Please note that, due to Home Office regulations, students who require a Student Route visa to study with us are not permitted to study online and can only choose face-to-face taught modules.
- January 2024
- September 2024