Specially designed for law and non-law graduates who want to gain a Master’s qualification in law, this course focuses specifically on developing an in-depth knowledge of Company Law in practice.
The LLM Company Law is an innovative, flexible programme designed for law and non-law graduates who would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of Company Law in Practice. Whether you have plans to join a global corporation or simply want to know more about how corporate law works in practice, this programme will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
When you study the LLM Company Law with us you will:
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies
- Learn about Legal Technology by selecting to study modules in legal technology
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team
- The award-linked module for this programme (Company Law and Compliance) will cover areas such as formation and incorporation, legal personality, directors’ duties, minority shareholder protection mechanisms, shares and insolvency. The aim of this module is to put company law into context, enabling you to learn how to apply complex theoretical concepts to real world client situations.
- In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
- To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions in your first terms.
Please note that, due to Home Office regulations, students who require a Student Route visa to study with us are not permitted to study online and can only choose face-to-face taught modules.
- September 2024
- January 2025