This Course is Available in General 3-year program, Honours 4-year program and Combined Honours programs available
French Studies Course Categories
Requirements for degree programs in French Studies make reference to the following groups of
- Preparatory French: FREN-1140.
- Spring 2021 Undergraduate Calendar 132
- French Language Training: FREN-1210, FREN-1220, FREN-2150, FREN-2210, FREN-2220, FREN-3150,
- Translation Courses: FREN-3280, FREN-3290.
- Linguistics: FREN-2300, FREN-2310, FREN-3300, FREN-3320, FREN-3330.
- French Literature: FREN-1410, FREN-2520, FREN-2530, FREN-2550, FREN-2570, FREN-3500, FREN-3530,
- FREN-3540, FREN-3560, FREN-3570.
- Franco-Canadian Literature: FREN-2840, FREN-3830, FREN-3850.
- Franco-Canadian Culture: FREN-2700.
- Francophone Culture: FREN-2810, FREN-2830
- Modern French Culture: FREN-2600.
- Special Topics: FREN-4000 to FREN-4960.
- Directed Readings: FREN-4970, FREN-4980, FREN-4990.
- General Bachelor of Arts in French Studies
Total courses: thirty.
(a) five Literature courses: FREN-1410; plus one of FREN-2520, FREN-2530, FREN-2550, FREN-2570,
- FREN-3500, FREN-3530, FREN-3540, one of FREN-3560, FREN-3580; and one of FREN-2840, FREN-3830,
- FREN-3850. Plus one more FREN (3000-level) literature course from the preceding list;
(b) six Language Training courses: FREN-1210, and FREN-1220; FREN-2210, and FREN-2220;
- FREN-2150, FREN-3150; and one of FREN-3250, FREN-3280, FREN-3290;
(c) three Linguistics courses: FREN-2300 and FREN-2310; and one of FREN-3300, FREN-3320, FREN3330;
(d) one Culture course: FREN-2600, FREN-2700, FREN-2810 or FREN-2830;
(e) one additional course from any area in French Studies.
(f) two courses from Social Sciences;
(g) two courses from Arts or Science;
(h) two courses from any area of study, excluding Arts.
(i) GART-1500, GART-1510:
(j) six courses from any area of study, excluding French.