The MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is aimed at graduate teachers and other English Language Teaching professionals with at least a year's English language teaching experience who wish to further their academic and professional development.
This degree will provide you with:
- A critical understanding of key issues and debates in many areas of Applied Linguistics and of how these relate to English Language Teaching.
- A body of knowledge that will enhance your ability to undertake language teaching at a range of levels in different cultural and institutional contexts.
- The ability to reflect, analyse and critically evaluate language teaching and learning concepts and theories, and to understand and examine the assumptions underlying different classroom practices.
- The skills to undertake effective practitioner research in your specific area of interest.
- You will also benefit from our active involvement in research in different areas of Applied Linguistics and TESOL.
- If you take the two ‘Language Testing and Assessment’ modules and choose a language testing topic for your Dissertation, you will be awarded an MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL with Language Testing’.
- Try our free online course
- If you’re interested in finding out more about the field of applied linguistics and how it relates to TESOL, you could try our free, online course Introduction to Applied Linguistics and TESOL.