UK entry requirements
- A 2.2 (or above) UK honours degree in English Literature (including where English Literature is a major in the degree) and Creative writing, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification.
- A 2.2 (or above) UK honours degree in any other subject (or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) or other qualification / relevant professional or practical experience. In addition to this, applicants who do not hold a 2.2 degree in English Literature or Creative Writing must also submit a sample of their creative writing. This should be a 2000 to 3000 sample of one of: short stories; a novel-in-progress; poems; film scripts; or articles for newspapers. The writing sample should be relevant to the pathway you are applying for. For example, if you are applying to the Poetry pathway you should submit a college of poems. These should demonstrate appropriate ability and commitment to creative writing and should be submitted with your application.
EU and International entry requirements
- If you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, you must prove knowledge of the English language so that we can issue you a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS). To do this, you will need an IELTS for UKVI or Trinity SELT test pass gained from a test centre approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and on the Secure English Language Testing (SELT) list. This must have been taken and passed within two years from the date the CAS is made.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 63% (min 58% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 92 (min 20 in all)