- If you’re looking for versatility in the healthcare field, look no further. As a pharmacist, you’ll help others live healthier lives. You can research complex drugs that could one day change the world. So put yourself on the path to a career that gives back.
- We can successfully transition you into the Doctor of Pharmacy program of your choice, so that you’ll be a sought-after professional in the field. Luckily for you, we provide several ways to get there. Our Health Professions Advisory Committee are well-respected professionals and educators on hand to assist you with every step of planning. Even if you're not sure which pharmacy school you want to attend, our committee is available to help you tailor a journey with a major that best reflects your interests and goals.
- If you’re intending to attend Lipscomb’s College of Pharmacy, you may opt to pursue a bachelor’s degree track, a 3 1 bachelor’s degree track, or take 64 course hours of required prerequisite courses. With any of these paths, you’ll build the foundation necessary to prepare you for Lipscomb’s Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- You’ll gain access to our seasoned faculty and student pharmacists who have already begun their journey through membership in the Pre-Pharmacy Society. You will get personal, step-by-step guidance about the application process and pharmacy career pathways. You'll develop advanced critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills. You will be highly equipped to continue your education in the multifaceted field of pharmacy.
- Successful pharmacy students have a well-rounded education with particular emphasis in specific math and science core content. Our pre-pharmacy prerequisite courses were chosen specifically to prepare you for the foundation necessary to be successful in the pharmacy curriculum. Through the pharmacy curriculum students will develop advanced critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills which are vital in today’s health care environment.
Lipscomb Pre-Pharmacy Degree Options
- If you're aiming for Lipscomb's Pharmacy school, consider our 3 1 degrees offered in Biology, Chemistry or Health Science each with pre-pharmacy emphasis. Remember, you can major in anything you want, as long as prerequisites are met.
- August 2024
- January 2025