- You’ve always had a passion for animals and now you have the opportunity to build a career around that. You already understand the great responsibility it is to care for animals, so let us provide you with the tools to live this out.
- Our enthusiastic faculty are committed to helping you establish the career you desire. You’ll gain an extensive foundation in the sciences and math. Not only will your professors provide you with the academic knowledge to successfully further your education but will serve as mentors and advocates. They’ll assist you in getting real-time experience with practicing professionals in your field, even before you enter veterinary school. Plus, by registering with our Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) office, you'll have the opportunity to be nominated for prestigious Ward Society scholarships and research fellowships, which will look great on your veterinary school applications.
- Take your learning into professional school and eventually into a variety of settings - private clinics, hospitals, laboratories and field experiences.
- Program Foundations
- We continue to rank high for premedical preparation in our region. We prepare all of our students based off the same founding principles: compassion, intelligence, maturity, judgement and commitment to people. These are the principles of our own Great Physician and must be priorities for a successful health care career.
- Let us help you get on track with the right prerequisites and experiences to meet your professional goals. Our Health Professions Advisory Office is the home base for all of our pre-medical or pre-health care students. Bring your questions to HPAC. Our committee consists of knowledgeable, respected professionals and educators that are ready to assist you in each step of planning — even if you don't have a plan yet. We're happy to talk about your dreams, ideas and goals so you can choose a major that best reflects who you are now and who you can be. When you apply to professional school, our committee will interview you so that we can prepare your letter of recommendation.
- Register with our office each fall so we keep you informed of campus activities and services relevant to your career choice. We want to get to know you.
- August 2024
- January 2025