- UK entry requirements
- GCE A-level BBB, including a grade B in Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Applied Science or Physics.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDM in Applied Science or Biomedical Science only.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma DM in any subjects with an A-level at grade B in: Biology, Human Biology, Applied Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma D in any subjects with two A-levels at grade BC, to include: Biology, Human Biology, Applied Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma 30 points, including 5 in Higher Level Biology, Chemistry or Physics. GCSE English equivalent SL 5 or HL 4 and Mathematics SL 4 or HL 4.
- Obtain a minimum of 120 UCAS tariff points in the Access to HE Diploma in Science, Biomedical Science, Medicine or Health and Human Science course, with 45 credits at Level 3. All Biology and Chemistry units must be Distinctions at Level 3.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or grade 4 or above are also required, including English Language, Maths and one Science subject.
Please check our Admissions pages for more information on other factors we use to assess applicants as well as our full GCSE requirements and accepted equivalencies in place of GCSEs.
- If you are unable to meet the direct entry criteria above, you are invited to apply for a foundation course in Life Sciences at Brunel Pathway College. When you successfully pass the foundation year, you can progress on to the Biomedical Sciences (Genetics) BSc.
EU and International entry requirements
- If you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, you must prove knowledge of the English language so that we can issue you a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS). To do this, you will need an IELTS for UKVI or Trinity SELT test pass gained from a test centre approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and on the Secure English Language Testing (SELT) list. This must have been taken and passed within two years from the date the CAS is made.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all sub scores)
- BrunELT: 58% (min 55% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 79 (min R18, L17, S20, W17)
- You can find out more about the qualifications we accept on our English Language Requirements page.
- Should you wish to take a pre-sessional English course to improve your English prior to starting your degree course, you must sit the test at an approved SELT provider for the same reason. We offer our own BrunELT English test and have pre-sessional English language courses for students who do not meet requirements or who wish to improve their English. You can find out more information on English courses and test options through our Brunel Language Centre.