- You are employed by an approved employer who is willing to support you during this apprenticeship
AND one of the following applies:
- NFQ Healthcare level 5 Major Award with a minimum of 3 distinctions.
- Leaving Certificate with five subjects O6/H7, at least foundation mathematics, six months’ relevant work experience and two relevant NFQ level 5 healthcare components.
- Mature candidate with two years’ experience working as a healthcare assistant.
- English Language Requirements
- The English language entry requirements for the programme are CEF B2 or equivalent. Candidates with English language levels below CEF B2 must first reach this minimum standard before enrolling on the academic programme.
- Employers are required to ensure that apprentices have certified people moving and handling, and first aid responder skills in advance of their enrolment on the programme.
- Candidates also need to be Garda vetted and have had any relevant vaccinations for the workplace.