- We know that many people from non-traditional backgrounds would succeed on our courses! That’s why we offer two different entry routes, taking into account your prior work experience and relevant qualifications. You will also need to meet our English language requirements.
- Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two week induction period in order to continue with your studies.
- Because of the work-based nature of the programme, all students must be working in clinical practice a registered nurse or with a license to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board.
Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Dip Nursing programme students must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in a health or social care related subject from an approved institution
- working in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board
Work experience entry route
Students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry and will be considered on an individual basis. In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our PG Dip Nursing, you must meet the following criteria:
- At least three years’ post-qualification work experience as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board, supported by appropriate references
English language requirements
- As our courses are delivered in English, a high proficiency with English is required. If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5. Don’t worry if you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification – we offer a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
- You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree