- Students will have the opportunity to develop evidence-based knowledge and skills required to manage the complex health needs of Canada’s multicultural population through health promotion and illness prevention or adaptation to illness and injury.
- In the Nursing Leadership field students will explore concepts of contemporary nursing leadership in management, research and education.
- Students will critically appraise and synthesize a variety of educational, environmental, and political issues that influence the Canadian health care system.
- Students will have the opportunity to develop skills necessary to impact policy and decision-making relevant to the profession of nursing, in particular, and the health care system in general
- In the primary health care nurse practitioner field, students will be prepared to provide collaborative and autonomous primary health care to individuals, groups or communities, with an emphasize on health promotion as well as illness/injury prevention.
- Students will develop advanced assessment, diagnostic and clinical reasoning skills in preparation for ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, communicating diagnoses, prescribing pharmaceuticals, and performing other specific controlled procedures.
- May 2024
- September 2024
- January 2025