Our program prepares students for further scholarly pursuits such as doctoral studies in philosophy or law school, and for careers in public service, public relations, policy analysis, education, or research.
- It provides resources for a deeply engaged intellectual, professional, and civic life.
- Our low teacher-student ratio ensures close interaction and promotes collegiality.
- The majority of the Centre for Research in Reasoning, Argumentation and Rhetoric’s (CRRAR’s) current members are philosophers.
- The University of Windsor’s Philosophy department is recognized worldwide as the centre of research in informal logic and argumentation. See www.uwindsor.ca/crrar
- Students can expand their formal philosophical education by participating in the department’s lively in-house speakers series, as well as the external speaker series, and the student-organized Philosophy Club.
There are two main avenues to the MA degree:
a) Coursework stream
b) Major paper stream Faculty Research Interests
- Argumentation theory
- Contemporary European Philosophy
- Environmental Philosophy
- Feminist Philosophy
- Informal Logic
- Indigenous Philosophy
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Technology
- Social & Political Philosophy
- September 2023
- January 2024
- May 2024