- Specially designed for law and non-law degree holders who want to gain a Master’s qualification in law, this course focuses specifically on developing an in-depth knowledge of International Corporate Governance in Practice. If you are interested in developing your skillset to enhance your understanding of how the mechanisms, relations and process of corporations impact how they function and operate on a global scale, then this course is a great way to boost your experience and give you the tools to achieve your career ambitions.
- This course has been developed to explore in detail the types of rules, policies and controls put in place to determine the behaviour of an international corporation, and the intended outcome of those measures. It covers areas such as the different models of corporate governance, convergence and path dependence theories, harmonisation of corporate governance codes and the future of global corporate governance. It will also cover the role of the company secretary, the board of directors, the relationship between the board and its shareholders, disclosure and accountability. Taking a practical look at how to identify, set and uphold an international corporate governance means that you will be able to enrich your understanding and skillset in this area, with the support of experienced practitioners who can demonstrate real-life examples to contextualise what you learn.
When you study the LLM International Corporate Governance with us you will:
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies
- Learn about Legal Technology by selecting to study modules in legal technology
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team
- The award-linked module for this programme (International Corporate Governance) will aim to put international corporate governance in context, enabling you to learn how to apply complex theoretical concepts to real world client situations and give you an all-encompassing insight into the mechanics of international corporate operation.
- In addition to the International Corporate Governance module, you’ll have the chance to select three other elective modules that interest you, as well as complete a dissertation that allows you to explore an area linked to International Corporate Governance through independent research.
- In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to law students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
- To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions in your first terms.
Please note that, due to Home Office regulations, students who require a Student Route visa to study with us are not permitted to study online and can only choose face-to-face taught modules.
- September 2024
- January 2025