The programme is not only relevant to those who wish to become a qualified mediator but is of great benefit to anyone who manages people or situations and as such may require dispute resolution skills.
Our Certificate in Mediation aims to ensure that the student will be a confident, highly effective and self-reflective mediator, with advanced knowledge of the principles of mediation and the mediation process. Benefits of the course include:
- The programme sits on the National Framework of Qualifications and as such is internationally recognised.
- Part-time and blended learning options minimise disruption to existing work/life commitments.
- Individual Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP-I) assessments are carried out as part of the course. This unique assessment focuses specifically on conflict behaviours and provides learners with a tailored report that analyses their unique mediation style, gives
- customised feedback and tools to improve. Unlike other courses which require learners to undertake this costly assessment at an additional expense, the CDP-I is already built into our programme.
- Learners will complete a formal assessment for the Mediators' Institute of Ireland (The MII) as part of their courses assessments. As such, if they wish, graduates can immediately apply to The MII for membership, without any additional work / or studies required.
- Regular mediation practice (both formal and informal) is built into the programme, ensuring learners gain practical skills which they can immediately put into effect.
- All lecturers are either qualified mediators and/or practicing lawyers who engage in mediation on a day-to-day basis and therefore have the most up to date knowledge in the field.
- Learners will acquire other highly transferable skills which would be attractive to a wide range of business sectors, skills including advanced communication and listening skills.
- All materials will be provided and made available in class and through our online platform, Moodle.