This Course is Honours 4-year program with Thesis Available
Total courses: forty.
(a) Biological Sciences: BIOL-1101, BIOL-1111, BIOL-2040, BIOL-2101, BIOL-2111, BIOM-2131, BIOL2480, BIOL-3142, BIOL-4450, and BIOL-4481; plus one additional biology (BIOL-and BIOM-) course.
(b) Psychology: PSYC-1150, PSYC-1160, PSYC-2230, PSYC-2560, PSYC-3130, PSYC-3220 (or PSYC-3230),
PSYC-3350, PSYC-3530, PSYC-3580 and one of PSYC-3370, PSYC-4230, or PSYC-4570.
(c) Biological Sciences or Psychology: BIOL-3230 or PSYC-3550; BIOL-3022 (or PSYC-2300); and an
honours thesis in the area of behavioural or cognitive neuroscience chosen from BIOL-4904, or PSYC4960 and PSYC-4970, or CHEM-4900, or KINE-4780.
(d) STAT-2910 or SOSC-2500;
(e) one pair of both PHYS-1300 and PHYS-1310, or both PHYS-1400 and PHYS-1410, or both COMP1047 (or COMP-2067) and COMP-2057, or both ESCI-1100 and ESCI-1111, or both ESCI-1120 and ESCI1130
(f) CHEM-1100, CHEM-1110, CHEM-2300, BIOC-2010;
(g) two courses from Arts and Social Sciences excluding Psychology;
(h) four courses at 3000-level or above in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, or Kinesiology;
(i) two courses from any area of study MATH-1720 (or MATH-1760) is recommended).
Non-credit course: Colloquia and Seminars in Current Behaviour, Cognitive and Neuroscience Research:
- bi-weekly presentations of recent research by investigators within the university and from other
- universities and research institutions. Attendance by key faculty members and all students is expected.
- A notation will be added to the student's transcript upon successful completion of the course.
Recommended Course Sequence
- First Year: ten courses, including BIOL-1101, BIOL-1111, CHEM-1100, CHEM-1110, PSYC-1150, PSYC1160, SOSC-2500 or STAT-2910; at least one pair of both PHYS-1300 and PHYS-1310, or both PHYS-1400
and PHYS-1410 or both COMP-1047 (COMP-2067) and COMP-2057, or both ESCI-1100 and ESCI-1111,
or both ESCI-1120 and ESCI-1130, and one additional course (MATH-1720 (or MATH-1760)
- Second Year: ten courses, including BIOL-2040, BIOL-2101, BIOL-2111, BIOM-2131, BIOL-2480, PSYC2230, PSYC-2300, CHEM-2300 and BIOC-2010.
- Third Year: ten courses, including PSYC-2560, BIOL-3142, BIOL-3230 or PSYC-3550*, PSYC-3130, PSYC3530, and PSYC-3580 Fourth Year: ten courses: including PSYC-3220 (or PSYC-3230), PSYC-3350, BIOL-4481, one of PSYC3370, PSYC-4230, or PSYC-4570, BIOL-4904 (or PSYC-4960 and PSYC-4970, or CHEM-4900, or KINE4780), and BIOL-4450.
*BIOL-3230 or PSYC-3550 should be taken in third or fourth year.