- You will study Introduction to Forensic Psychology in the first year, alongside three other core modules, which focus on theories of crime, criminal justice, and victims of crime. The first year of the degree gives you the foundational knowledge and academic skills that you need to progress into the second and final years.
- In the second year, you will explore the use of forensic psychology in investigative and legal criminal justice settings, alongside modules in Punishment and Rehabilitation and research methods. In the third year, you will take Using Psychology in Secure Settings and Criminal Justice and Mental Disorder, alongside modules that prepare you for the completion of your Student Research Project. In your final year, you will also have the opportunity to tailor your degree with a range of option modules..
- Leicester ranks #2 in the UK for teaching Criminology (The Guardian University Guide 2021). We are one of very few Schools in the country exclusively dedicated to teaching and researching criminology, and we are home to some of the UK’s leading criminologists. As such, you will benefit from a pure, focused and definitive education in the study of crime. Our strong performance in the National Student Survey since it began in 2005 reflects the popularity of the course among our students, as well as the dedication of the academic staff.
In the School of Criminology our research expertise feeds directly into our teaching, providing innovative and exciting content, as well as keeping you abreast of current debates on crime and criminal justice. Our award-winning research has real impact in wider society, and it influences policy and practice within the UK and beyond. Our research strengths include:
- Desistance and rehabilitation
- Domestic violence
- Forensic science
- Hate crime
- Investigative psychology
- Sex work
- Citizens of Change 100 Scholarship - Anyone holding an offer of a place at Leicester - 50% fee reduction in first year
- Science and Engineering International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester College of Science and Engineering - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Family Loyalty Discount - Any child, sibling or spouse of a Leicester student or graduate - 10% fee discount
- Media, Communications and Sociology International Merit Scholarship - International-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree in the University of Leicester School of Media, Communications and Sociology - £3,000 or £5,000 per year
- Music scholarships - Talented musicians/singers at Grade 6 or above - £500
- Sports scholarships - Students who compete at regional, national or international level - Facilities, coaching and financial support
- ULSB International Merit Scholarship - Students applying for a degree in the University of Leicester School of Business, starting September 2022 or later - £3,000 per year
- January 2024