General admission requirements apply.
- To be eligible for admission at first year, general admission requirements apply.
- To obtain second year standing, VIU B.A. CYC program students must complete 24 of the required 30 credits from first year. Those 24 credits must include ENGL 115and 6 credits of Human Development (normally CYC 111/112), and the following Child and Youth Care core courses (or content equivalent of) CYC 100, 101, 152, and 165, or students must have completed a recognized Human Services Certificate program that includes the English and Human Development and CYC courses or equivalency requirements as stated above.
- To be eligible for admission to third year, students must have completed a diploma in a Human Services discipline, including completion of the Degree English requirement, (6 credits with a min. "C ") and Human Development
- Requirement (6 credits with a min. "C "), providing courses meet the VIU CYC program requirements. Human Services Diplomas, which will be granted a block transfer of a maximum of 60 credits, must be from accredited institutions and does not include vocational or continuing studies certificates or diplomas. Successful block transfer does not guarantee an offer of admission. Elective course requirements vary depending on transfer credits or previous VIU course work.
- The overall GPA of students to be admitted to third year will be a minimum of 2.33 ("C "), calculated on the most recent 24 credits completed, and with a min. "C " in each of the individual courses previously identified for meeting admission requirements.
To apply to the program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions/programs attended.
- Education/work résumé.
- Complete the personal profile.
- Two completed reference forms.