The school‘s location on an international border is geographically unique, creating research and leadership opportunities within a broad North American context.
- Students interested in a research based doctoral program will find a supportive learning-centred faculty dedicated to research and teaching excellence.
- The PhD program in Social Work prepares social work degree holders from an accredited program for leadership roles in academia, research, practice, social policy, and administration.
The PhD Program Facilitates:
- Broad epistemological paradigms that promote critical thinking and inquiry
- Development of diverse and rigorous research methods to address current practice and policy issues
- Mastery of a substantive area of social work and effective knowledge translation
- Opportunities for research collaboration with faculty scholars and community partners
- Small seminar approach to teaching and learning
- Supportive and collegial university environment and mentorship
- Scholarships, graduate assistantships and sessional teaching opportunities
- Engagement within an internationally and culturally diverse region and community
- January 2024
- May 2024
- September 2024